We stand behind our products.
Paul C. Buff, Inc. guarantees to the original purchaser an individual product factory warranty against manufacturer defects in materials and workmanship for the following products, beginning with the date that the product is originally shipped to the customer:
|DigiBee Flash Units (DB400 / DB800)
AlienBees™ Flash Units (B400 / B800 / B1600 / ABR800)
|Einstein™ E640 Flash Units||2 years|
|White Lightning™ X-Series Flash Units
(X800 / X1600 / X3200)
|The Vagabond™ Mini Lithium System
(VM120 / VM120-230V / VMC3A)
|The CyberSync™ System
(CC / CST / CSXCV / CSR / CSR+ / CSRB / CSRB+)
|The LG4X™ Wired Remote Control||2 years|
|All Other Accessories
(Softboxes, the PLM™ system, travel gear, reflectors, the Moon Unit™, stands, etc.)
|All Hardware and Accessories
(Individually purchased – replacement flashtubes, replacement lamps, cords, clips, adapters, etc.)
Terms and Conditions of Warranty:
- This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of a product or component that should become defective under normal use, as outlined in the product description and product manual.
- If, during the applicable warranty period, the product is found to be defective by Paul C. Buff, Inc., we will repair or replace the defective product with an equivalent model without charge for labor or parts.
- This warranty will not cover deterioration or malfunction resulting from accident, act of nature, abuse, misuse, neglect, unauthorized product repair, shipping of the product, opening of or modification or failure to follow instructions supplied with product.
- This warranty does not apply to any flashtubes, modeling lamps, batteries, or memory cards that may arrive with a product as these become exhausted based on normal use. Specifically with the Vagabond Mini™ Lithium system, as battery capacity is a function of the number of charge / discharge cycles and other factors, batteries are considered exhaustible and no warranty can be offered for batteries that have been depleted from heavy and frequent use or misuse.
- The product must be returned to Paul C. Buff, Inc. for warranty service. For customers in the United States, warranty service includes return shipment via FedEx ground home delivery to the original destination (where the equipment was sent to the original purchaser). Customers outside of the United States will be responsible for all shipping fees, duties, taxes and brokerage fees to ship the product to and from our offices.
- Paul C. Buff, Inc. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR PRODUCTS LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE. ALL LIABILITY OF Paul C. Buff, Inc.™ SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, AT OUR OPTION, OF ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.
- THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- This warranty may not be altered other than in writing.
AlienBees™ Flash Unit Warranty Upgrades
Within two years of your purchase date, our factory will upgrade an AlienBees™ B400 or B800 flash unit to a higher power model for a charge of $25.00 plus the price difference between the models.
|Upgrade an AlienBees™ B400 unit to a B800 unit||$80 (+ shipping)|
|Upgrade an AlienBees™ B400 unit to a B1600 unit||$160 (+ shipping)|
|Upgrade an AlienBees™ B800 unit to a B1600 unit||$105 (+ shipping)|
|AlienBees™ housing color change only *not available for limited edition colors*||$35 (+ shipping)|
The shipping charges (both to and from our offices) are NOT included. You can ship your unit to us using your choice of shipping method and carrier. We advise using a method where tracking is available. You may wish to purchase insurance as well (we cannot be responsible for items that you ship to us using your preferred shipping method). We will ship your upgraded unit to you using your choice of available FedEx shipping methods for your location.
With the upgrade, we will include a new housing or case (you can change housing colors if you like) and any factory warranty service needed. The normal turnaround time for upgrades, color changes and service is 2 to 4 business days from the receipt of your unit and payment arrangement.
Note: Limited edition AlienBees™ B400 and B800 units can be upgraded for the same charge of $25 plus the price difference between the models (plus shipping), but the housing color cannot be changed to another limited edition color. Likewise, standard AlienBees™ units receiving an upgrade can change housing colors, but they cannot be changed to limited edition colors.
Contact us to arrange an upgrade and get details on how to send us your unit.